Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Old Man and the Sea.

This weekend, I went to Malaga, Spain. Malaga, Spain is on the Costa del Sol and the birthplace of Picasso and a home to Antonio Banderjas. I unfortuately did not get to see Antonio. However, I did go to the Picasso Musuem, set my two feet in the Mediterreanean Sea, visit a really cool Cathedral, take an exhausting hike up to this castle overlooking the sea, the city, and the mountains. Malaga is definitely a place I would go back too. I wore shorts on Friday, because the weather was THAT good. 70 degrees, sunny, and awesome. I stayed at this hostel called Casa Mata. This was my first time in a hostel, but I will judge every hostel from here on out on this one. The weekend was great, I even stumbled upon an AUTHENTIC Mexican food cafe on a side street in Malaga! The train ride over to Malaga was pretty wonderful, scenic with the terrain from rural, to mountainous, almost like Colorado and then back to the coast. Malaga reminded me a lot like the coast of California, very serene weather with mountains in the background. Next time I go I want to explore Marbella, Torremolinos, Nerja, and places in between. This was just a lazy, relaxed weekend. Sometimes you can still have fun and not go hard every weekend. Just make your own plans and see where the adventure takes you.

No comments: