Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Are You Ready For Some Futbol?

The big game is tonight. Spain versus England in Sevilla at Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium. I probably would be there except my debit card wouldn't work at "La Caixa". Oh well I'm gonna hang out some friends and people watch at Nervion Plaza and watch all the drunk Brits head to the game, then move over to a bar and actually watch the game. Should be interesting tonight and fun. Apparently there's supposed to be more police tonight. I think they are more for the Brits than for the Spaniards. All the girls from the school that are going to the game are going absolutely crazy about David Beckham, whatever. I just hope Spain beats down England tonight.

The "crises economica" has reached Spain. The workers of Renault and other organizations marched down Calle Recaredo over the economic crises in a strike. Economic crises aren't stopped by water or country borders, but it has now reached Spain. The Euro is dropping closer to the American dollar, so that's good I guess for the exchange rate. My host family apparently is really involved with forums and other things over human rights and the economy because they went to Osuna, Spain for a giant meeting.


I forgot to mention I did some basic computer help with my host dad in Spanish to fix Microsoft Word 07 and fix his printer.

It's the little things...

No comments: