Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love is Battlefield (The V-Day Post)

I hate Valentine's Day. I absolutely hate it. I don't understand the point of it, if you want to do something nice for someone you love or like, there's plenty other days in the year to do it. But I regress.

For Valentine's Day instead of sitting around, I went back to the beach town Matalascanas. Matalascanas is only a hop, skip, and a step from Sevilla. In fact, it's a very short 1 and 15 minute bus ride and it was super cheap, 12.43 euro in fact! The beach was nice and relaxing with not that many people on the beach, since it's off-season. It was nice to enjoy the quiet of the beach and just sit and watch the tide come in and watch the waves roll in endlessly. I got back into the water again and it was still REALLY cold. Nothing was better in the day than just sitting on the sand and watching the waves and eating an ice cream and not worrying about anything. I like days like that. Most of the town was more of apartments, chiringuitos, and houses than an urban setting, quite a contrast from Malaga.

That night when I got back in town I went out again with my friends after a long relaxing back at the beach. Too bad everyday can't be like that.

1 comment:

bastrop52 said...

Poor Lance, who hates Valentine's Day....forced to go to the beach on the coast of Spain. It could be worse. You could be going to hell, I mean Gaston, everyday!