Sunday, January 11, 2009

Rebajas esta muy loco!

Yesterday was crazy. My roommate and I journeyed to Nervion Plaza so I could buy some new clothes and not wear one set for a week straight. Nervion Plaza is a newer shopping district next to Sevilla F.C.'s soccer stadium. Since it was the weekend there were EVEN more people shopping. The next stop on our journey was to find a place so I could use my internet. My computer is really really old by the way, so I have to use my roommate Warren's computer. We walked around the downtown of Sevilla again and went into Spain's equivalent of Macy's or Dilliard's, Corte Ingles. We took a bus back after figuring out the confusing bus system here. I think we've done okay since we've only been with our host family for two whole days. My Spanish is really progressing, I can speak it better and understand even more of it.

Last night, Warren and I met up with some our fellow Tech students on the bus, who live in our neighborhood to meet up with a large group of Tech people at a bar near the La Giralda. The bar was called Flaherty's. It wasn't a true Spanish bar, but it's more of a hang out for college students from all over. I ran into some of the group from UNC again. It's funny to see how large Sevilla is and run into the same folks again. Over the course of being at the bar, I met a group of French students from Paris who are studying in Spain. I also met two sisters from New Zealand on vacation to Spain. This is what I like at the bars here in Spain, you meet people from all over the world, people dance different here and Americans are the only ones who chug their drinks. Spain is a very safe city. When walking in a group, no one comes and begs for money or tries to hassle you and walking with friends late at night is very safe. I wouldn't do that in Dallas or in my own neighborhood.

Back to the foreign people I met, They said they love Americans and wanted to visit America and Texas or had visited and loved the people there. It's good to know some foreign people like the US.

No comments: