Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Rain in Spain....

Is not all that it´s cracked up to be. It´s cold and rainy today, the most it´s been in 40 years! I started my History of Spain and Spanish 1607. Spain is our classroom and speaking with other Spaniards and going into bars, cafes, restaurants, and host family is our homework.

I´m going to add pictures eventutally, but my computer doesn´t work all that well and we´re not allowed to add pics on facebook from the school computers.

Every day is a new experience here, I´m glad I made such a wonderful decision. For those reading this I encourage you to do the same.

Two days ago I visited Parque Maria Luisa and Plaza de Espana. Plaza de Espana was used in a scene in one of the Star Wars movies and it was built for the 1929 Iberian World´s Fair. It´s expansive and so beautiful pictures and postcards don´t do justice. Parque Maria Luisa is a garden, park, with Moorish influences and is a lush place.

No comments: