Monday, November 24, 2008

West Texas Cookout Part Two




I've never seen a mood so tense as the one I saw in Lubbock on Nov. 1. When the Longhorns came to town they were ranked #2. When they left, they left heartbroken, dejected and aghast at the end. 39-33 was the final score, won on a one second left, Michael Crabtree touchdown.




Shaking off a Longhorn defender, Crabtree darted into the end zone. The fans literally went crazy, rushing the field not once, not twice, but THREE times. Yes, it was that suspenseful and the emotions had to come out. Fans poured the field in a frenzy like a school of Piranhas. I rushed the field last year against #3 ranked Oklahoma, but this by far was the most intense thing I have ever witness in terms of a victory. Not too bad for a little team from West Texas on ESPN College Gameday Night.

1 comment:

bastrop52 said...

My FAVORITE football game EVER!